Sunday, December 11, 2016

Use "To" & "For" In The Correct Way

Some people are very confuse to use them. Here are some rules to understand these two words.

Use "TOin these cases:
•Destination
"We are going to Kuala Lumpur"

•Time
"It is a quarter to 7 o'clock"

•Distance
"It is about seven miles from my house to Sunway Pyramid"

•Comparing
"I prefer playing to working

•Giving
" I gave my money to mom to keep it"

•Motive or Reason - with verb
"I ran from field to avoid from dog"

Use "FOR" in these cases:
•Benefits
"Milk is good for children digestion"

•Schedule
"I made an appointment for April 3"

•Agree With
"Are you for or against the development of new condominium"

•Period Of Time
"We have lived in Taman Kenangan for almost 2 years"

•Motive or Reason - with noun
"Let's go out for drink"

•Function - with verb
"A wheelchair is used for a handicapped"

•Doing something to help someone
"Could you please take order for me please?"

No comments:

Post a Comment